Fort George G. Meade, more commonly referenced as Fort Meade, is an Army post located halfway between Washington D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland. Known as the nation’s center for information, intelligence, and cyber operations, Fort Meade is the home of the following units:
- 1st Medical Recruiting Battalion
- 308th Military Intelligence Battalion
- 32nd Civil Support Team
- 3rd Training Support Battalion
- 48th Combat Support Hospital
- 55th Signal Company (Combat Camera)
- 704th Military Intelligence Brigade
- 70th Intelligence Wing
- 902nd Military Intelligence Group
- First Army Division East
- Joint Regional Medical Plans & Operations Branch, Northeast
- Marine Cryptologic Support Battalion
It is also the home of the Defense Information School, the Defense Media Activity, the United States Army Field Band and the headquarters of United States Cyber Command, the Defense Courier Service, Defense Information Systems Agency and the National Security Agency. The NSA campus is restricted, but your servicemember’s unit may be stationed on the campus if he is in an intelligence-related field.
The closest airport to Fort Meade is Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.